Listing your home? Let’s make it easy.
Listing your home on the market can seem overwhelming for a lot of reasons – we get it. The good news is that there are plenty of resources out there to help you throughout this process, and the team at Metro is always ready to jump in and lend a hand.
This blog post will cover several questions you may have when it comes to listing your home – Why to hire a real estate listing agent, what are they exactly and how to hire one. At Metro, we offer everything you could need to be successful when it comes to getting your house on the market – and selling it quickly.
First of all, what are the job responsibilities of a real estate listing agent?
Above all, our primary focus is making sure that you are comfortable with every step of the process. While there are are specific things that we focus on as far as our responsibilities go, this to-do takes the cake. Below is a list of 15 things a real estate listing agent should be doing for you while selling your home –
- Researching the local real estate market
- Helping you determine the asking price
- Helping you identify the key selling points
- Giving you a property disclosure form
- Taking pictures of your home for marketing
- Adding your home to the MLS
- Adding your home to Realtor.com and other sites
- Placing a “For Sale” sign in your yard
- Putting a lockbox on your door
- Coordinating visits and showings with buyers
- Making sure buyers have financing (e.g., pre-approval)
- Holding an open house, if warranted
- Presenting offers from buyers
- Negotiating with buyers on your behalf
- Attending the closing / settlement, if applicable
If your listing agent is currently helping you with the above, make sure to call out anything they’re missing.
Our job is to represent you, set a price for your home and work to find the perfect fit for the sale. While this summary may seem like a quick process, our job extends far beyond that. By working with our team, you gain valuable access to our housing market knowledge, decades of testimonial-backed success and a lifelong resource for all of your real estate needs.
What to do when you’re ready to hire a listing agent
Ready to dive in and sell your home? List it with us and take the stress off of your plate.
We’d love to help you find your next home. Reach out to any of our agents for unparalleled help, search our extensive list of exclusive rental listings, get all the information you need when buying your first home and the help you need when selling your home. Since 1984 we’ve been Brookline’s go-to boutique realtor – stop in and let us show you why.